Layout Box Labels - Yea or Nay?

HumbleChief

Larry I keep them on the pages I am sending them to like first floor plan and have the scale I am sending them under that text, if I change the scale then I just change the text for that scale, I can move them around in any manner I want then and to whatever page I want to have them on

Larry,

My Plan View Labels are in a Rich Text Box in the Plan (custom macro controlled)

My Section, Elevation, CAD Details, etc use %view.name% which matches the name in the Project Browser.

I use %box.scale% (actually %my_box_scale%) in the Layout Box Labels  and just move them to the location I want.

Thanks.

The biggest and only problem is when I use the plan view name %view.name% to label i.e. an elevation and then have to turn off or suppress the Layout Box Label when it gets to the Layout as it then becomes redundant. Very easy to do but I am constantly using a combination of the 2 methods and it's just a bit awkward.

2 hours ago, chief58 said:

Larry I keep them on the pages I am sending them to like first floor plan and have the scale I am sending them under that text, if I change the scale then I just change the text for that scale, I can move them around in any manner I want then and to whatever page I want to have them on

Yeah I might revert back to this method as using the Layout Labels seems to have its own set of limitations.

• 3 months later...

When you open your layout if you have it setup already as soon as you open it before sending anything to the layout sheet toggle them off and they shouldn't show up on that one, if you want to have 2 different ones do what solver says

• 4 weeks later...