Copy/apply framing attributes roof planes?

johnny

I've watched several videos with copy attributes commands but can't exactly see how (if its possible) to apply all the framing settings i've applied to a roof plane to another roof plane made from the default settings.

Is there a way to do that, or do I have to change the defaults to have it apply to other planes?

dropper.png

2 hours ago, brian-sdesign said:

You can use the modify all roof planes at once command.

I am dying to know where this is.  Can you be more specific, please?  We are talking structure and rafter tails here, essentially copying and pasting a whole set of spec variables from one roof to a selected batch of separate roofs.  The rafter tail parameters alone involve profile, size for W and H, and offset.

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I am dying to know where this is.  Can you be more specific, please?  We are talking structure and rafter tails here, essentially copying and pasting a whole set of spec variables from one roof to a selected batch of separate roofs.  The rafter tail parameters alone involve profile, size for W and H, and offset.

This does not work well for all attributes but may save some time depending on what needs to be transferred. Edit All Roofplanes tool.JPG

If you had all the specifications written down or in your head this would work fine but if you are guessing then you could mess up all roof planes.  It might work better if the "No Change" items were just grayed out and then you could reference or confirm them to change.

On 12/31/2016 at 4:28 PM, glennw said:

Scott,

There are no framing details there to use.

Yep,   I thought so,  this would be a good request for the suggestions forum.  I am specifically thinking of when I manually build pitched roof  planes and then I need to set up the defaults for a shallow pitched cricket and then I want to switch  back to the conventional roof pitched roof plane.  

Not a must need,  but would be  nice to have.

6 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I assume you can select the roof planes you want to change and then change the attributes for all roof planes at one time via the dbx.

2 hours ago, brian-sdesign said:

I've used the edit all roofs to switch to an exposed rafter with a profile on the end.

I am still in the dark on this.  Where is the Edit All Roofs tool?

Any or all of the roofs displaying on a floor plan view are selectable, either by shift-select or by marquee-select (if only roofs are displaying).  Selected, one can edit properties including framing, rafter tails, etc.

Same type of selection options are available in 3D, and take note that while you can select multiple objects, they must be all from the same 2D plan display.  If I have porch roofs on floor 1 and main up-top roofs on floor 2, I can only select multiple planes from one floor.

So, where is this tool that when used opens all roofs for spec at once?

8 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I am still in the dark on this.  Where is the Edit All Roofs tool?

Any or all of the roofs displaying on a floor plan view are selectable, either by shift-select or by marquee-select (if only roofs are displaying).  Selected, one can edit properties including framing, rafter tails, etc.

Same type of selection options are available in 3D, and take note that while you can select multiple objects, they must be all from the same 2D plan display.  If I have porch roofs on floor 1 and main up-top roofs on floor 2, I can only select multiple planes from one floor.

So, where is this tool that when used opens all roofs for spec at once?

Build>Roof>Edit All Roof Planes