CAD detail

RGWhite

Some of my cad details look as if they have a mask over them (not all).  When I send them to layout they look ok but when I make a PDF and send them to the printer they look as if they have a mask over them.  I have been into the DBX on all the line weights, and appearence etc and can find nothing that would make it lok this way.  Any ideas?

I have had insoluble PDF lineweight issues in the past - title block (on page zero) lineweights displaying and printing differently from one sheet to the next. Have you tried different PDF printers? Is it the same no matter which page you send the detail to? Are the details live? or plot lines? My live details never look right, I assume because I'm too lazy to learn how to adjust them. so I always use plot lines.

6 hours ago, RGWhite said:

I have CA X8.  When I look at the layout in CA I see no problem.  When I look at it in PDF it looks the same as in CA.

If the PDF looks exactly the way you want it to, but the printer is doing something to it afterwards, then I'm not sure what's going on. You will need to send to tech support, I think.