Graphics Card

RobUSMC

I am giving my ASUS laptop to one of our design interns to use this semester. It's about three years old and I only really use it to go to clients home and present designs. Even though its slower than my desktop it does what it need to do.  So Im going to go buy a new laptop to serve the same purpose. Best Buy has an ASUS with an i7, 12GB RAM, GeForce 940MX (2GB).

I was also looking at a Dell thats almost identical i7 but the graphics card is the GTX 960M (4GB)  and it has 8GB RAM.

Both of these are in the $900 range

Does anyone use this laptop or at least the 940MX card?    Again will not be my primary machine

As a true Texan, you should consider the Dell. ;) (Michael Dell lives in Austin and HQ is there employing Texans) 

The graphics card, as I understand it, speeds up the drawing of a 3D image and you can rotate it and walk through the model without the computer displaying a moving 3D image in a jerky motion. The Photo-Rendering is done in the i7 Processor, not the graphics card. 

RAM is cheap these days. It's easier to upgrade the RAM than upgrade a mobile graphics card.

Please deposit 2¢

JK