Roof over front porch

VistaGroup

Probably post a design. 

Can't really tell what you are trying to do.

1) Are you trying to have a floor with a gable over front porch?

2) Shed roof [half gable front porch]

3) Shed roof on outside, gable on inside opened gable looking end

4) Gable porch

genMid.4721383_9_2.jpg

Sorry guys. My name is Scott and it's premier X8..... it's a standard front porch....elevated off the ground about 4 ft. I tried clicking the wall and then making it a gable and then Auto rebuilding the roof.....that didn't work. The porch is literally like a deck off the front of the house. 8ft out 38 ft long. It's not going to be a screened in porch or anything like that just a front porch that has a roof over it that also adds an architectural appeal to the house. 

24 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

If you drew the walls with the deck rails tool, make sure that you have selected to have a ceiling/roof over the deck.

I didn't use the deck rails tool..... I drew the deck and railing then added walls on top of the deck and adjusted the height of them so that they are only 10 in tall......should I be using a different format? Are there any other videos or tutorials I can watch to better understand this program? I've watched everything I can find.

2 hours ago, VistaGroup said:

I didn't use the deck rails tool..... I drew the deck and railing then added walls on top of the deck and adjusted the height of them so that they are only 10 in tall......should I be using a different format? Are there any other videos or tutorials I can watch to better understand this program? I've watched everything I can find.

Yes. Just use the deck rail tool and tell Chief you want a ceiling and roof over it...poof, done. Just a couple clicks.

Success! I didn't label it as a front porch....once I did that I just checked the right boxes and poof....a roof appeared! And the videos helped so much! Thank all of you again. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. I should clarify that I had it labeled as a deck originally once I changed it to porch boom all the options I needed were there.

Edited by VistaGroup