Jamb Switches

Korel_Design

Next Question,

Is there a way to show a jamb switch? How do you show a jamb switch? A switch symbol on the inside hinge side of a door opening that turns on the light when the door opens. I searched the library and nothing appeared with the search word "switch". All sorts of switches appeared but no Jamb Switch.

Tnx de JK

I never bothered to make a fully 3D symbol for such a thing (I rarely have a cause to place them). So what I do is to make a 2D symbol to represent the object in plan view and add the 2D symbol to my Electric Legend corresponding. It is not an object that makes a large impact in camera views.

DJP

Tnx. Dave. I'm not concerned abt the 3D view of a jamb switch because the door will be closed in 3D view. We use jamb switches in almost all Pantry Doors. Just like when the refrigerator door controls the interior light, so does the jamb switch in a food pantry. I would eventually like it to be counted in a materials/electrical schedule.

JK

Thank you, Perry, for the switch.

Could I suggest all Chief users adopt a naming nomenclature that is more user-friendly for future identification?

1. Easy linking to primary grouping within Chief as Elect, Furn, Plumb, etc.

2. Clear naming of the symbols function

3. Picture of symbol for users to determine its usefulness for them. 

This should allow symbols to be more easily located in the "User Catalogue" (User Catalog )

Soooooooooooo! Using your electrical switch as an example:

Elect switch_door jamb_cupd 

Elect switch_door jamb_cupd.jpg