Outlet in kitchens will not place as GFI

mtldesigns

I know there must be a setting based on room type, but having no luck finding it, and its probably right in front of my face.  My bathrooms, and other "wet" rooms have no issue of a GFI coming in automatically.  My last three plans have had this issue, so I either messed with something in the defaults or who knows?  Right now, my work around is copy paste from bathroom, but that's not how it should be.

Thanks for any help in advance.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

David,  This seems to be more complicated as my "Auto Place Outlets" do not place in the Bathroom at all and even manually placed outlets in the Kitchen are not GFCI.  

Electrical Outlets.jpg

In baths, there will only be ONE auto outlet placed. If you have a vanity placed first, it will place it at the vanity.

1 hour ago, mtldesigns said:

I know there must be a setting based on room type, but having no luck finding it, and its probably right in front of my face.  My bathrooms, and other "wet" rooms have no issue of a GFI coming in automatically.  My last three plans have had this issue, so I either messed with something in the defaults or who knows?  Right now, my work around is copy paste from bathroom, but that's not how it should be.

Thanks for any help in advance.

If you're manually placing outlets, you can temporarily change the kitchen room type to a Bath.  Once you're done, simply change the room type back to Kitchen.

If you're trying to auto place outlets,  I think the best you'll probably be able to do is to first auto place outlets, then:

• group select the outlets you wish to change to a GFCI
  • open the SYMBOL specification DBX>Options and check GFCI
  • click on the 2D Block tab and select the GFCI block

You can also pull GFCI outlets directly from the library.

EDIT:  I don't normally use Auto Place Outlets, but after Chopsaw mentioned something from the Help files below, I tested it out and Auto Place Outlets should automatically place GFCI outlets over all kitchen countertops.  Works for me anyway. 

18 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

I just opened the help file and it does not say anything about kitchens, only BATH or MASTER BATH.

Joey,  It is included in the help file but still does not seem to work.

"For example, GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlets are placed over cabinets in Kitchen, Bath and Master Bath rooms."

Electrical Outlets Auto GFCI.jpg

So as I see we are faced once again with using workarounds.  Hoping that Chief gets this right in the next version.

But until then thank you for the workarounds Michael.

• Upvote 1