digital signing and stamping documents

mikes616

Hi All,

It looks like the building departments here in NY are now accepting digital submissions for building permit applications in lieu of paper submissions.  I was wondering is any of you have experience with this.  Specifically how do you include a digital signature and seal?...if that is required.  It's easy enough to create a pdf file but the rest of it I don't know how to go about it.  I know there are companies out there that do digital signatures but I'm not sure that's what I need.

Mark

That process has been available in some counties in Florida for several years now. I don't know all of the details. An Engineer has to pay a fee for an electronic seal and signature either per use or yearly. The counties that I have had contact with use Blue beam software. Sealed and signed construction documents become protected so that they cannot be abused and protect all parties. I could not get the Engineers interested, so I quit pushing the idea. I think they never felt secure enough regarding liability.