Mezzanine Floor Framing

Pioneer125

I give up trying to figure out how to get the framing to work.  I know what I want it to do, but I cannot get the program to obey.  In the file attached Beckstrand Garage - CLW (1).plan, I'm trying to get the mezzanine floor framing to bear upon the interior wall below with a single rim joist.  I can't figure out what is going on.  The program appears to be building the railing wall directly above the interior bearing wall.  Then the program wants to put a ledger attaching to a small pony wall?  The way the program has it modeled is not what would be constructed in real life.  Please help me understand how to manipulate the program into bearing the mezzanine floor joists on top of the interior bearing wall with a single rim joist.

I have tried to manually move the floor framing but I can't get it to line up exactly where it should be.  

I'm having this issue with Chief Architect Premier X8.

There may be some here who will want to show you settings on how to get this done, but I personally just jump in and start manually editing things the way you want.  Physically move the rim joist over to the edge of the lower wall, delete the "criples" it placed on the edge, and then extend the joists over to match in with the rim.

You dont have to always use the auto-frame-features, you can get in there and just move or create the framing you need.

A couple of things.

Turn on auto framing.

For the ground floor wall under the railing, uncheck Balloon Through Ceiling Above.

Change the name of the mezzanine room to something other than Balcony, which is an external room type.

You need to name it one of the internal room types.

New Image_185.jpg