How to find and delete rogue item in model

dskogg

I am trying to export a model to sketchfab and there is some rogue item in my model on the outskirts that i cant find that

makes my model too wide so when i export it as a .3ds file the actual model of the structure is very small.

Any thoughts on how to find this item?

David

I cant seem to find the rouge item, i have tried turning on all layers and still  cant find it.

When i select perspective full overview i get nothing but white space, probably because the model is so small in this view.

Anyways here is the model if someone can help that would be great, thanks in Advance.

David

terraburst 1.2 SF model.zip

Nice find Richard,  however there are four other items that you will also want to delete.

-Light -2x4-Fluorescent  off to the left on floor 1  X= -153266  Y= -8162  Z= 0

-Cluster of cad plot plan lines off to upper left on floor 1  X= -203319  Y= 111420  Z=0 

-Plot plan line on floor 1 X= 219989 Y= -100637  Z=0 

-Rich Text Label on floor 1 X=151309 Y= -111422  Z=0

The Key is this little tool here Fill Window Tool [F6].jpg  or sometimes even more useful is CTRL+A in each view with the All on Layerset.

• Upvote 2

Well, since it might be instructive for the future, here's how I did it. I went to each floor and did a zoom "Fill Window". It was on floor one that the zoom jumped to outer space. Okay, so you know that the rogue entity is going to be somewhere near the edge of the screen on this floor. Zooming out a little further let me see the little black dot. However, if the dot were too small to see, I would make sure that all layers were turned on and unlocked, and then do a Shift-Select at each screen edge. One of the selection boxes is likely to pick up the object, and then just delete it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dskogg said:

Thanks Richard, i dont know how you found this but i am happy you did.

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

David

Larry tried to tell you a very good method in Post #3.

• Switch to your All On layer set and make sure all layers are actually turned on (Select All and check Display)
  • Start at your bottom or top floor and Hit Control+A (Select All).  Do this one floor at a time and you'll eventually find a floor where your selection area is larger than you expect it to be.  When that happens...
  • Fill Window (F6) as Richard and Chopsaw also  mentioned.  This should help you locate the rogue offender(s).
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Nice find Richard,  however there are four other items that you will also want to delete.

Good point! I should have looked a little further, and not stopped after finding the first rogue element. However, in my defense of my own laziness, these CAD items shouldn't have any effect on the model export.