Electrical symbols preview/2D vs. 3D

Richard_Morrison

I think I'm having a brain fart here, but some of my electrical symbols in the Library show the 2D plan preview, while others are 3D previews only. I would like to generally see the 2D plan symbol, with the 3D preview below. I can find no place to set this, nor to change lights that are 3D only at the moment to a 2D view. (I'd like to see what this is going to look like in 2D (like we can with switches and outlets), but I can't find out until I actually place it. I KNOW that we used to have a 2D only display available, and I'm not sure what the difference is between various of my symbols, except that some are probably from older versions. Is there any way to get the 2D views back?

Without the actual library I can only make guesses.  The object has to actually have light sources in order to show the 3D preview.  If you open the specification dialog, the program can automatically add a single light source for you if you marked it as a "light" in the Open Symbol dialog.  Once you have added light data, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to remove it.