dimension units C.A. convert to AutoCad

Demr7777

I need to send a floor plan from Chief Architect to AutoCad 2017. I have exported the drawing from Chief as a .dwg file and it opened up great in AutoCad 2017 and dimensions are the correct scale, however, the drawing measures now in decimals so I checked my units in AutoCad and they seem to be set in architecture at feet and inches. So I'm confused on how to start dimensioning this drawing which is why I sent it to AutoCad. You my be wondering why not just dimension it in C.A. well the reason is, I am new to C.A. and every time I hit auto dimension exterior and interior I have a rediculous amount of dims. everywhere. I have gone into the default settings and set all my dims. in Dimensions, auto exterior and auto interior the same to both sides of walls and only center of openings and windows. That's all I want!  What I get is dims all over the place and you can't see the drawing. I have double dims. right next to each other as well. I have all the cabinets, plants, shapes etc. set to no dimensions. Dimensioning is art to me and I like them to be precise and strategically place. I have spent way to much time trying to get this right and I can not waste any more time with it on this round. I need to finish this job... Any help  on setting it up correctly in BOTH senarios, AutoCad or C.A. would be great. 

13 hours ago, Demr7777 said:

I fixed it in autocad but I still would like to know what I'm doing wrong in C.A. dimensions

Chief's "Auto Dimensions" should not be used repetitively without deleting the prior set.  In addition, extraneous dimensions can be edited by dragging the extension lines off of position. 

The Help File is very good - take the time to read the appropriate sections.

IAE, If you post the Plan we can see what you are doing and provide direction.

btw, I used AutoCad before I got Chief.  I never used it again for anything.  If you learn to use Chief's tools as they are meant to be used you shouldn't need anything else.