Importing PDF

RGWhite

I find this interesting and fustrating.  I need to submit the manufacturer's installation details with the plans.  So I down load the sheets as PDF's and import them into the layout.  If I should change anything on the PDF and save it as a PDF, CA will still import the old PDF even though I changed the info on the PDF.  In Florida we must fill out the products we will use for the exterior and they give you a sheet that must be submitted with the plans.  My client changed his mind and I made the product change and saved it.  I went to reimport it and CA still uses the old file that does not exist.  The only way I could correct this is by giving the new PDF a new name altogether. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?  Thanks for any help

Edited by RGWhite
missspelled word

You are 100% right. Chief caches PDF somewhere, unless name of the file is changed it doesn't appear to read it again.

The checkbox "save in layout" does not appears to make any difference. Also it explains how can ChiefArchitect open layout/plan files with multiple PDFs attachments so quickly.

Sooo You have to change the file name.