Window Opening Label on Custom Window

olyconstruction

Alex,  if I'm understanding you correctly, I think you might be going about that in the wrong way.  If this is what you're talking about...

Window 1.jpg

Then I would suggest you try to use actual window setting and mulled units...

Window 3.jpgWindow 4.jpgWindow 2.jpg

Otherwise you'll be stuck doing tons of potentially unnecessary CAD work to create the muntins, more CAD work to create the opening label, and if you make any changes to the window??  You guessed it...do it all over again.  Sometimes the CAD work may be necessary, but this may not be one of those times...I guess only you know that answer to that dilemma.

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2016 at 1:38 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Alex,  if I'm understanding you correctly, I think you might be going about that in the wrong way.  If this is what you're talking about...

Then I would suggest you try to use actual window setting and mulled units...

Otherwise you'll be stuck doing tons of potentially unnecessary CAD work to create the muntins, more CAD work to create the opening label, and if you make any changes to the window??  You guessed it...do it all over again.  Sometimes the CAD work may be necessary, but this may not be one of those times...I guess only you know that answer to that dilemma.

Thanks for responding Alaska! May I call you Alaska?

I know I tried that already and got pretty close. Plan 2  shows my mulled units and Plan 3 has my custom muntins. 

The problem with the mulled units is that I could not get them close enough to mull them together and then get the right dimension I needed for the schedule, it is always 1/16 off it seems, and when you zoom into the seam where the window units intersect you can see some sort of mutant geometry created between. Is there a trick to getting them close enough when you mull so that it gives an accurate value in the schedule?

924 STATE WINDOWS 2.plan

924 STATE WINDOWS 3.plan

15 hours ago, olyconstruction said:

Thanks for responding Alaska! May I call you Alaska?

I know I tried that already and got pretty close. Plan 2  shows my mulled units and Plan 3 has my custom muntins. 

The problem with the mulled units is that I could not get them close enough to mull them together and then get the right dimension I needed for the schedule, it is always 1/16 off it seems, and when you zoom into the seam where the window units intersect you can see some sort of mutant geometry created between. Is there a trick to getting them close enough when you mull so that it gives an accurate value in the schedule?

924 STATE WINDOWS 2.plan

924 STATE WINDOWS 3.plan

Name is Michael, but yep, Alaska is fine : )

I took a look at your plan real quick and I'm not sure how you placed those windows but they're just spaced apart a bit is all.  All you have to do is go into Defaults>Window and set your Minimum Separation to 0".  Then your windows should bump right up next to each other.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, olyconstruction said:

Sweet that is what I wanted, "Width"

I am sure to get this looking good width your help!

Thanks again Alaska!

You bet, and FWIW, on further investigation I have concluded that muntins don't actually have a depth.  They appear to simply be a zero thickness "face".  I remember now that I've needed to just manually build thicker muntins using solids...

Window.jpg

• Upvote 1