Video Card

gelbuilding

I have two video cards on my laptop and CA is defaulting to the old one. i need to direct it to the correct video card. Cannot find it anywhere where to change it.

The card CA is using is too old and the model is B&W.

Ca is defaulting to The Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

and i need to point it to the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M.

Sorry it seems to be a common problem with NVIDIA and I am not sure what the ultimate solution is but it has been discussed many times before here on the forum if you want to try searching some more back through the history.  Not sure if it is better or not but AMD does not seem to give options and just assumes it is superior and takes control.  Tech is still open if you have SSA.

Most times I've had it read as it is using the built in card but actually use the nVidia card when I specify it in the settings. Just to be on the safe side I always set the entire machine to use the dedicated card (nVidia) and then specify each program I really want to use it.

There's a program where you can check it with ... don't remember (cause I don't have it on this laptop which doesn't have an intel card) Note that the monitors will always use the Intel card AFAIK.  You can also generally tell by the performance though.

The reason your laptop set that way so that NVDIA GPU will not drain you battery..

Normally I go down the "Program Settings" tab, set checkbox "only programs on this computer", hit the "Add" button and find the program that you want to run on nVidia card (e.g. Chief Architect). I go down and select nVidia processor.

Thanks BT, I tried this already as Chopsaw suggested in the first reply, there is no option to change it to the Nvidia card :(

Where the select preferred graphics processor for this program, i cannot change, only use global settings.

And when i change the global settings it wont change.

Very strange indeed.

I have sent to tech support maybe they can help.

Thanks anyhow

I spent about eight hrs on Sunday doing everything mentioned on the above posts and no luck.

Today I spent two hrs on the phone with Lenovo and this was their answer after not being able to get the Nvidia card to work.

Response By E-mail (Lulu) (20/12/2016 04.58 PM)
Hi,
Thank you for contacting Lenovo Technical Support Center.
With regards to the Nvidia graphics card issue, please contact the application vender to help you resolve the issue.
Should you have any further inquiries please contact us.
Thanks and best regards.
Lulu.
Lenovo Consumer Services Support
Australia Contact Centre
ANZConsSvc@lenovo.com
Ph: Australia 1-800-041-021
Ph: New Zealand 0508-201-650
www.lenovo.com
We need your feedback !!  You may soon receive a short survey as part of our commitment to continual improvement. Please take a few moments to share your thoughts. We sincerely value and welcome your evaluation of our services!

They are saying to see CA vendor, lol