Window Schedule Trick?

olyconstruction

Hi Chiefs, 

I have a house that is going to have windows that are going to be the same size, and have the same configuration of lites, but some are going to be single hung and some are going to be casement. When I change the single hung windows to casement, I loose the lite configuration I need. I just need the windows to be indicated as casement in the schedule description, and to show up as a separate window number. Is there a way to keep it a single hung window with the lite configuration and have it show up as a different window number which I can change the description of later?

I guess I could set them to not display a label, then make my own call out labels for them, then turn the schedule into a block (which I am doing anyways) and then manually enter the information in another row. But it seems like there is an easier way. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, olyconstruction said:

When I change the single hung windows to casement, I loose the lite configuration I need.

Not sure why, was just going to test a quick way to replace them and did not lose lite config when changing to casement- now it doesn't match the double hungs of course since it is a single pane. But that's easy enough to change.

• Upvote 1

Joe, The configuration would be the "window type" right? If I change that I will get what I need in the schedule, but I wont get the visual effect I am looking for. 

Mark, please let me know how to make it look similar

The first two windows show what I need the casement to look like. The third shows what happens if I change it to a casement. The last example is how close I know how to get it to match the first two examples. Please dont make me bust out a polyline on everyone.

QU1.JPG

QU2.JPG

QU3.JPG

QU4.JPG

I just need the windows to be indicated as casement in the schedule description, and to show up as a separate window number.

As Joe pointed out, the way to get that lite configuration on a casement window is to use custom muntins.  Do this once, save the window in the library, and then replace the other windows you want to match.

If you just want to fake it and call a single hung window a casement window in the schedule, you can edit the description in the components dialog box for the window.  Once you have edited the description, it will show up in the schedule as a different window.  If you need to remove the "type" from the label or size, you can do this in the schedule dialog box.

fake casement window.png

Wow, that is incredible! You could get very creative with that tool! Im glad I asked, especially since another project I have right now is going to call for a lot of custom window work. 

If you have custom muntins in a window and then make a mulled window with another window do the muntins come with it??

And thanks Mr. Page, you have been giving me some good guidance lately and I want you to know I appreciate it!

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

Sometimes it helps to open "Help" and do a search.

Help with Search.JPG

If you have custom muntins in a window and then make a mulled window with another window do the muntins come with it??

And along the same lines....

Why don't you try it and see what happens?