Microsoft EXPRESSION ENCODER

mrscott

I know this is a little off the wall but is anyone using Microsoft's "Expression Encoder 4"? This is a FREE Screen recorder and works well on my laptop. However, when I installed it on my Desktop, the MIC does is not recognized. What is odd is the Mic IS recognized and works Windows 10 Pro but not in the app. I have searched all of the web and cannot find a solution.

Thanks all,

P.S. I know there are other products but I'm keen on getting this to work. Guess it's the challenge. 

• Upvote 1

I though this platform relies on MS Silverlight. Silverlight is not supported by MS Edge or Chrome. 

I was not aware that you could even run Microsoft's "Expression Encoder 4" on Win10. 

Even IF you can, I would not recommend as most PPL may not be able to play these screencasts.

Either way development stopped 4 years ago...

Scott, If you figure out the problem with your mic please let me know because I think I have a related problem that my mic works on my PC in Windows 10 with Voice Recorder but for some reason quit working on my laptop the other day with the same setup but also works in both situations with other apps.

If you are looking for a great free screen recorder to get you back up and running, I am using OBS Studio and love it.  https://obsproject.com/

I can get you up and running with settings for 1080p if you like, just let me know.

3 hours ago, BrownTiger said:

I though this platform relies on MS Silverlight. Silverlight is not supported by MS Edge or Chrome. 

I was not aware that you could even run Microsoft's "Expression Encoder 4" on Win10. 

Even IF you can, I would not recommend as most PPL may not be able to play these screencasts.

Either way development stopped 4 years ago...

On my Laptop Win 10 it worked fine and converted to WMV. No issue with the post and several views it.

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Scott, If you figure out the problem with your mic please let me know because I think I have a related problem that my mic works on my PC in Windows 10 with Voice Recorder but for some reason quit working on my laptop the other day with the same setup but also works in both situations with other apps.

If you are looking for a great free screen recorder to get you back up and running, I am using OBS Studio and love it.  https://obsproject.com/

I can get you up and running with settings for 1080p if you like, just let me know.

Will do. I will check out OBS and see how it works.

Thanks

On 12/14/2016 at 4:04 PM, Chopsaw said:

HELP Chop. I got OBS up and running but the videos will not playback. I've tried them in both MP4 and MOV formats and I get the same error.

MrScott OBS Log.txt

Video Playback Error.PNG

Scott, I have also been getting that warning recently with the Windows 10 players.  It may not be related to OBS so try to reboot your machine and if that does not work send me your Skype name and we can check your settings over.  Also check to see if you can play with Windows Media Player as that usually works for me but ultimately you want your videos to play on whatever player your client wants to play it on.