plot lines problem

brian-sdesign

I've sent an elevation view to a layout an chosen the "Plot Lines" option instead of live view. Under options I'm trying to change the pattern color and it does not seem to be working. I tried changing it to red just as a test and it is saving the setting in the DBX but the elevation view is not changing. The line weight portion seems to be working but not the color. What am I missing? Screenshot attached.

plot lines problem.pdf

My guess is that the pattern lines are not changing because they are not set to use the default color

When you send a view to layout as plot lines, you can tell the plot lines to use the defaults or to use the current values that you see in the elevation view.

You can either resend the view, making sure to tell the plot lines to use the defaults, or you can use the edit layout lines tool to change them to use the defaults.

I deleted the camera and made a new camera and working fine now. I looked through all the settings and could not find any difference from the other cameras.. Possible bug? Anyway I'm good now

Probably not a bug.

These settings are not stored with the camera.  These settings are stored with the plot lines.  They are setup when you send the view to the layout box.  Deleting the camera should not have been necessary.  Deleting a layout box and resending the view will usually solve these type of problems when you have gotten yourself into a bad state. 

In most cases, it is better to control your line weights and colors directly in your elevation views using your layers.  Then when you send your view to layout, you make sure "Use Edge Line Defaults" and "Use Pattern Line Defaults" are unchecked so that your plot lines will match your elevation view.  If you do it this way, you can use the "Update View" tool on the layout box if you need to make any changes to your model or view.  If you are using the edge and pattern line defaults, you will have to use the "Edit Layout Lines" tool to change any edge and pattern lines and every time you update the view you will lose those changes.

• Upvote 1