Web Graphics

Korel_Design

Hello All,

How do you create print quality or web quality graphics of your floor plans? I tried the File>Export>Export Picture (BMP,JPG,PNG....). I preferred the uncompressed TIFF files before I load them into PhotoShop. The export is totally not acceptable. Very low resolution. I even tried a screen capture using Snipit. That was better than CA's Export but still not the quality I am use to.

Or.... If I could export a HPGL2 PLT file. I have software that I use with that other CAD program that I use to create my web graphics.

Thanks,

JK

Jerry,

Are you wanting to generate high resolution files from plan view without sending to layout?  Because you can print to PDF and using the "Chief Architect Save As PDF" you have options all the way up to 4000 dpi. which should be overkill for most print situations. You end up with an excellent quality vector PDF file.  This also works for 3D views by using File>Print>Print Image. I use this for another application where I need high res.

Tnx for your reply. What I wound up doing was Save As PDF as you suggested, then convert the PDF to a raster file in either PS or my printer software. KIP Request has a utility to create a Hi Rez raster image. I just figured the "File>Export>Export Picture (BMP,JPG,PNG....)" could create a Hi Rez PNG so I can use it on my website without having to juggle the image through several utilities such as I do.

Tnx, JK

Thank you Greg. I know all about Vector Images and Pixel (Raster) Images. The final file needs to be something I could display on a website. At least 256 colors and about 1200 pixels wide x 800 pixels tall. Either a GIF or PNG. I use JPG on all my renderings and photographs. Apparently, Chief Architect can not provide a direct output of such a file. (hint hint). Maybe it's there I just haven't found it yet.

JK

1.  In CA, Print to .PDF

2.  Open in Photoshop

3.  PS will convert it to raster, 300 PPI (DPI) is high enough

4.  File > Save for Web & Devices

5.  Message about file size > YES

6.  Preset > PNG-24

7.  Check or uncheck Transparency, this is the background

8.  Image Size > Input the size you want

9.  Metadata > Copyright

10.  Convert to sRGB > Check

11.  Quality > Bicubic Sharper

12.  Save

You now have a .PNG image

2 hours ago, Electromen said:

Try This:

In CA

1.  Turn off Reference Grid if it's on > View > Reference Grid

2.  File > Export > Export Picture

3.  Resolution = 600 > OK

4.  At the bottom select PNG Files (*.PNG)

5.  Save

I tried this Greg.... The image is very blurry and not very good resolution at all. Very Blurry.

Until the programmers at CA can give me a button to click, I will print/save as a PDF then load that into PS to convert to a PNG I can use.

Thanks for your help.

JK

Untitled 3.png

1 hour ago, johnny said:

I think the OP has found an area where Chief is broken.  I've used multiple settings with virtually no change in what gets exported.

This can't be working correctly so should be reported as bug based on my tests that confirm what the OP is experiencing.

Yes CA has been aware of this for quit some time  but I am not sure they have done anything about it, so it would not hurt to remind them repeatedly especially when they provide a DBX with adjustments that are clearly labeled yet do nothing !!!

40 minutes ago, Korel_Design said:

I tried this Greg.... The image is very blurry and not very good resolution at all. Very Blurry.

It seems that for now all you get is basic screen resolution regardless of the settings which in theory should be ok for use on a website as long as no quality is lost along the way.

Here is a better way. File>Export>Export Meta File EMF... Then open in Paint, Save as PNG. A much better PNG than what CA Exports. If it's a little fuzzy, I open in Topaz Labs InFocus and make it very sharp. Hopefully, X9 will have a better image export.

Tnx, JK

17 hours ago, Electromen said: