Reversing a plan

Demr7777

New to Chief and just got done designing a house for a client. Well I'm almost done...Anyway now they want the plan reversed. O.K. figured it would be as easy as it is in AutoCad. NOPE!

Auto cad just select all and mirror...done. Chief....I have no clue. Well I take that back. I have tried the (mirror the plan which is a lot of steps to just mirror the plan) but it mirrored with my windows in different places. missing colors,and roof framing sticking out all over the place to name a few issues. How frustrating! Now I'm reading a lot of how to's on line and its like reading a book full of steps. Is there a EASY way to do this? I also keep reading people referring to keeping the drawing on or near the 0,0 axis. I don't even know how to do that. I really need to flip this plan. Might just have to convert to autocad  and mirror there but I don't think I will ever get it back to Chief again.

A couple ways...

1.  Edit>Edit Area>Edit Area (All Floors).  Marquis select everything and then either use Transform Replicate and Reflect or use Reflect About Object.

2.  Tools>Reverse Plan as Jay mentioned. 

The latter will not reverse any of your terrain stuff.  Only the house.

NOTE: You can also optionally use Edit Area in one of the other modes if you want to be more selective with what you are flipping.

Okay sorry for the delay had to step out for a while. I just tried the Tools>reverse plan...It works but everything disappears that I worked on like all my stone veneer. siding color and the framing in the roof keeps exposing itself as well as the rafter tails. I don't get it. It's like all the changes I made go back to default as well. I guess I will try the other method you spoke of Alaskan_Son .. But I think I tried that earlier today and it had the same results. 

You will have to re-frame everything though. Just turn on auto framing on walls roofs and ceilings/ floors, but if you have some custom manual framing, don't turn on auto framing or you will lose that, you may have to re-do it. using edit area might save it. Try it you can always go back.

in the past I had no issues (that I remember) in reversing a plan

perhaps those plans were "simple"

so to hear that there are these types of issues is disturbing

especially about having to re-frame

why would stone veneer and siding colors disappear - that is just wrong !!!

since we are now on ver 18 of Chief this should be a one-click operation :(

Lew

Reversing is typically pretty smooth.  But usually some cleanup in the elevations saved cameras: i.e. left to right, or east to west, and some labeling gets off.  Also some 3d work such as solids can occasionally be a problem.  Pretty good, but not perfect.