True Beadboard Panels

brinkbart

This is a 3D molding that will place repeated beadboard panels along any molding polyline.

It is low-poly (92 faces) so you can use plenty of it in your plan as needed (this one's for you, ArchiJeff).

It comes in at an automatic height of 3'-6", but it can be shrunk or stretched to any height.

The 3D Symbol options are set so that the tongue and groove overlaps as it repeats.

Enjoy!

beadboard_panel_molding.calibz

post-210-0-36469600-1402501627_thumb.png

post-210-0-95435000-1402501696_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a 3D molding that will place repeated beadboard panels along any molding polyline.

It is low-poly (92 faces) so you can use plenty of it in your plan as needed (this one's for you, ArchiJeff).

It comes in at an automatic height of 3'-6", but it can be shrunk or stretched to any height.

The 3D Symbol options are set so that the tongue and groove overlaps as it repeats.

Enjoy!

Great bead board. I am trying to figure out however, how you made the cabinet with a beaded back (on the interior)

Pardon me if this is not the correct forum to ask you this question.

Mike

Great bead board. I am trying to figure out however, how you made the cabinet with a beaded back (on the interior)

Pardon me if this is not the correct forum to ask you this question.

Mike

Perfect forum to ask.

1. The first thing you'll do is move your molding polyline to the back of the cabinet in plan view.

2. Next, set the height of the molding polyline to whatever height suits your cabinet setup. For me it was 85" (as shown in screenshot).

3. If the beadboard sticks out of the top of the cabinet, simply reduce the Height of the beadboard in the Moldings tab of the dialog box.

4. If the beadboard is not "thick" enough to be fully seen inside the cabinet, move the molding polyline about a half inch away from the wall.

Remember to make an Architectural Block so that when you move the cabinet, the beadboard will go with it.

Hope this helps!

Bart

post-210-0-72549800-1403627759_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

Enjoy!

Thank you so much. The greatest thing about this forum is how people help people.

Perfect forum to ask.

1. The first thing you'll do is move your molding polyline to the back of the cabinet in plan view.

2. Next, set the height of the molding polyline to whatever height suits your cabinet setup. For me it was 85" (as shown in screenshot).

3. If the beadboard sticks out of the top of the cabinet, simply reduce the Height of the beadboard in the Moldings tab of the dialog box.

4. If the beadboard is not "thick" enough to be fully seen inside the cabinet, move the molding polyline about a half inch away from the wall.

Remember to make an Architectural Block so that when you move the cabinet, the beadboard will go with it.

Hope this helps!

Bart

Perfect. Thank You!!

Mike