Shower Glass wall showing as Drywall

AmandaBrady

I have tried to no avail to get my shower walls to show up as glass. I've watched the tutorials several times. This shouldn't be this difficult! It's making me wonder if something is up with my program (X7)? The wall thickness changes, and in plan view it adjusts to show the proper fill settings, but in 3D view, it still shows as drywall even though the material is set to Tempered glass. Anyone else run into this and know what I'm possibly doing wrong?

I haven't painted the wall (thought of that as a possibility so deleted and re-did). Can you see by my settings if anything looks out of whack? I started with a half wall as per the tutorial, changed the wall type to Glass Shower and adjusted the height (the height didn't seem to be a factor as it still showed up drywall when it was 42" high)

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 10.45.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 10.46.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 10.46.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 10.46.48 PM.png

Did you get this resolved? Other than painting the wall I have never seen this happen. Put a break in the wall at the intersection of the shower wall and the room wall try that. If that does not work try re-drawing the rear wall or check to see if you drew 2 walls at the same place as the shower wall. The only other  thing  I can think of is the railing height?

There's a chance that the Room Specification>Materials>Room>Walls material is no longer using the Default. For instance, here is the dbx for a room that is using the Default material. Notice that the Walls material is set to use the Default:

dbx1.PNG

Now I plop in my glass shower wall. The glass material shows properly because the Room is still using the Default material for walls, and the glass shower wall has material definitions that over-ride the Default. Note that in the Room dbx the Walls material reads "No Change", indicating that there are walls in the Room that are using different materials. It's also possible that it may still indicate the Default is being used. Either way, the enclosing walls are drywall, and the shower wall is glass:

dbx2.PNG

If at some point in the design the Room must have been defined to use a specific material (as Joe mentioned, probably with the Eyedropper/Painter tool), not the Default, then all walls will show up with that specific material. In this example I've changed the walls to "Brick." So, even though my glass shower wall is defined to use Glass, the new Room wall material will over-ride it:

dbx3.PNG

To fix this, open the Room dbx and change the Wall material to "Use Default".