Crawl Space Vent Tool??

olyconstruction

Thanks Mr. Page, I am going to have to put you on the payroll pretty soon. That is what I needed. 

David, thats just how I thought to do it and it never became an issue until now, you cant get the look of the screen on the vent (at least not as far as I know) and the windows show up in the schedule which you dont always want. However you could do a window schedule from the foundation floor only and you could have a vent schedule that way. So I dont know.

If you use "Vent" symbols then they can be excluded from the Window Schedule and a separate "Vent Schedule" can be done.

Note that the "Vent" type can be set in the Symbol dbx - normally done when the Symbol is created - but any Window Symbol in the user Library can be specified as a "Vent" in the Options Panel of the Symbol dbx.

• Upvote 1

Yoda, see I do. 

When you use a vent symbol it is locked as a vent but you can change windows to be "vents" do you know if you can apply some kind of louver over the window opening to create something that would visually pass as a vent?

Usually I like to avoid the library whenever possible. It takes a lot of time to load and to find the object you are looking for. If i can do it all from my window tool that would be easier I think. 

8 minutes ago, olyconstruction said:

Usually I like to avoid the library whenever possible. It takes a lot of time to load and to find the object you are looking for. If i can do it all from my window tool that would be easier I think. 

Organization of the User Library into Folders is mandatory.  Take the time to organize your custom Symbols in Folders and you'll be miles ahead.  Also, for commonly used Symbols - a Library Object Custom Toolbar is an excellent solution.

• Upvote 1

Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood about the vent stuff. I will definitely take time to organize the library, and I am really intrigued by the Object toolbar, how do I get there? I just looked on the support page for information about it but it is just showing me stuff about the "Place Library Object" tool, which I am assuming is different.

• 5 years later...

Bringing this comment back from the dead a bit. I'm havening trouble figuring out how to ensure the vent is not being displayed on my 1st FP as a window. If I simply put it on it's own layer it still leaves the wall cut out the same way the window would show if you turned off that layer. Has anyone else run into this?

image.thumb.png.18b3d1804f4aa3d1d2eefac126f92d3b.pngimage.thumb.png.314974a696373acb214be2969ce0dee6.png

52 minutes ago, KDsnyder said:

Bringing this comment back from the dead a bit. I'm havening trouble figuring out how to ensure the vent is not being displayed on my 1st FP as a window. If I simply put it on it's own layer it still leaves the wall cut out the same way the window would show if you turned off that layer. Has anyone else run into this?

image.thumb.png.18b3d1804f4aa3d1d2eefac126f92d3b.pngimage.thumb.png.314974a696373acb214be2969ce0dee6.png

As Eric says not great to threadjack.  But wouldn't those vents be on the foundation level?