How To Edit "Roof Overhang From Baseline" on Roof by Roof Basis?

HumbleChief

Larry, 

There are a few things that come to mind. 

1.  If its the entire roof you're talking about, simply open the Build Roof Dialog and change the overhang settings.  If you have Auto Rebuild checked, the change will be auto, if not then just click Build Roof Planes.

2.  If its a single roof plane you're talking about and you want to leave Auto Rebuild ON...Select your Baseline Polyline, make sure the correct edge is selected, open the Roof Baseline DBX, check "Against Wall", click Okay, and then drag that edge the desired overhang distance.  You may or may not need to put a break in your baseline polyline depending on the roof. 

3.  If its a single roof plane you're talking about and you want Auto Rebuild OFF, you can simply select the roof plane and drag the overhang the desired distance.

Sorry, dumb post alert. I don't mean how to simply adjust the overhang. I'll see if I can explain it. Let's say you've moved a roof plane AUTO REBUILD OFF and you also moved the overhang by mistake to relocate or re-dimension a roof. Going back to that roof plane's dbx there's information stating "Overhang from Baseline" which has been altered from messing with that roof plane. I would like a way to re-enter that distance and get it accurate versus eyeballing its location. Doesn't seem to be a way to re=set that overhang through a dbx setting - just visually. Correct?

26 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Sorry, dumb post alert. I don't mean how to simply adjust the overhang. I'll see if I can explain it. Let's say you've moved a roof plane AUTO REBUILD OFF and you also moved the overhang by mistake to relocate or re-dimension a roof. Going back to that roof plane's dbx there's information stating "Overhang from Baseline" which has been altered from messing with that roof plane. I would like a way to re-enter that distance and get it accurate versus eyeballing its location. Doesn't seem to be a way to re=set that overhang through a dbx setting - just visually. Correct?

In that case, select the roof edge and just use your temporary dimensions...

Baseline 1.jpg

Baseline 2.jpg

Baseline 3.jpg