Zoom while in a command ???

ACADuser

OK this drives me nuts. Would someone enlighten me please?

While in a command line draw a line or selecting dimension points or any other similar pick a point command entry.

I often need to zoom in to get the EXACT point i need then to drag to the next pick point I need to zoom back out

to see where I am going and then zoom in when I get there to pick that final point.

How do you manage the Zooming while in a command?

Would someone turn the light on please.

Thanks

This is a little complex but not too bad when you get used to it.  It is just a matter of preplanning your move a little to take advantage of your whole screen working  area and then even if your final destination is off screen you can zoom in  and then back way off and pan over to your destination and zoom back in again.  The hard part is holding the left mouse button down while using your next available finger to scroll the wheel to zoom.

Perry, if you are selecting corner points across a house 100' you can zoom in to one spot but to get to the other spot 100 feet away would take a lot of arrow keys to get there!

For anyone that has use the Click to pick for each point & no drag method this is an incredibly awkward method.

There are at least a couple other methods as well...

Method 1:  Start your command, take your cursor OFF-SCREEN, right click and then left click.  You can now pan and zoom as normal.  Just left click to finish your command.

Method 2:  Assign Zoom In and Zoom Out to hotkeys (maybe the + and - on your number pad).  Use the zooming hotkeys along with the arrow keys to get you where you want. 

Thanks Michael.

The Right Click while still holding the Left button down when cursor is OFF Screen does seem to work.

Just have to be mindful where you cursor is as you can activate another program if you are in the windows task bar.

Still not as easy as click pan click. Wish Chief would allow us that option.

Some command work that way.