AllFinishedID

My complete up to date version 8 crashes for no observable reason and no specific activity. I have been working for 53 minutes and it's crashed at least 6 times- sometimes while placing a library object, sometimes while rendering a camera, sometimes while placing a camera, sometimes while changing from one floor to the next. It's happened multiple times in front of clients.

I didn't pay $3,000 for a program that crashes that many times. Once in a while is understand. This is absurd. I can't bill my clients for this. Get your program straightened out now!!!! My subscription expires January 13. There is no way I'm resubscribing with this level of crashing. 

I don't even get a specific error. This is all I get:  

/Users/chieftesting/Perforce/TestingiMac/dev/Releases/18/chief/CACommon/GeneralUtils/OSXUtil.mm(38): Warning #272000009
"A serious error occurred (SEH). Please contact Chief Architect Technical Support with steps to reproduce.
"

In Chiefs defense,  what you are describing is highly unusual.  Hopefully they'll help you get it sorted out tomorrow.  In the meantime...can you post your computer specs (including operating system and video card)?  Also, when's the last time you updated your video card drivers or rebooted your system?

My subscription expires January 13. There is no way I'm resubscribing with this level of crashing. 

This is exactly why you should keep your subscription.  Your subscription includes free technical support which will be your best option for this kind of problem.  There are way too many things that could be causing the problem for people on the forums to help you.  My best guess is that it is a system problem but there is no way I can know for sure.  Technical support is trained to diagnose these things and can usually get you back up and running faster.  Give them a call if you haven't already.

>My complete up to date version 8 crashes for no observable reason and no specific activity. 

Save your preferences, toolbar's, etc. Now uninstall Chief Architect. Delete/rename all old folders. Do a brand new clean install, and test it to see if it crashes. 

If it does not, you have corrupt outdated toolbar configuration, template, user library or something similar.

Start testing with a clean configuration.