separate second floor area

Demr7777

Untitled 2.jpgHi, I am having a very difficult time creating a second floor over a garage. I already have the main house erected with a second floor and rap around porch. I need to create a second floor over garage ( with 2ft knee walls ) that is only attached to the rap around porch roof via a hall way. I have been clicking the garage area thinking that I will only be building a second floor on that area of the house but ever time it ignores that area and builds a third floor over my existing second floor no where near the garage I'm thing to create a second floor to. Need help. Spending to much time going around in circles. Any help would great....Thanks

Well Thanks for the tip. When you say post my plan what do you mean? Put the file on here and some one might actually do it for me? I searched post a plan on this forum and got nothing, I really need to know how to accomplish this task not have it done for me though. You probably meant something else. I'll keep searching for this topic .

That makes perfect sense but for some reason when I turn on "reference floor display" when I'm on the second floor it will not let me see the main floor so I can draw directly over the area I want. It will let me see the second floor when I'm on the 1st floor. What am I not doing right here?

Just display your second floor and then draw walls around the area above the garage.  It helps to have the 1st Floor Reference Layer displayed while doing that.  When you create a new Floor in Chief it is there for the entire world - you just need to enclose the areas with walls.

• Upvote 1