Layer question - Camera View

SNestor

In the basement of this plan I put the structural load bearing walls on there own layer.  All the furred walls are on the standard "walls, normal" layer.  

I'm wondering why the walls on the "structural" layer don't frame?  As you can see from one of the attached pics...there isn't any frame material showing in the "wall specification" dbx. 

I thought if I selected "walls, main layer only" that it would remove the drywall and let me see just the framing.  

Let me know if I need to attach the plan...thanks!

WALL DETAIL- 7050.png

WALL FRAMING - 7050.png

12 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Plan file?

I'd like to...but the file is 30meg.  How do you share a file on dropbox?  I have a dropbox account...and I can setup a folder...but it asks for an email account.  So...I'm a bit lost.

Thanks

Steve,

For your first question...Those walls actually ARE framing.  You have those walls on your "Walls, Foundation" layer though. You can get the framing to show by either...

A.   Turning the Walls, Foundation layer off

B.   Placing those walls on their own unique layer and turning that layer off.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Steve,

For your first question...Those walls actually ARE framing.  You have those walls on your "Walls, Foundation" layer though. You can get the framing to show by either...

A.   Turning the Walls, Foundation layer off

B.   Placing those walls on their own unique layer and turning that layer off.

That did the trick.  I moved the walls to a new layer called "walls, struct LB".  Now I can see my foundation walls and all the framing.  

I much appreciate the time you took to help me learn.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, dshall said:

Looks great.  BTW,  for that view,  I take a floor camera shot AND THEN SWITCH TO FRAMING LAYER.  I take that shot all the time .  Never had to create new layers,  I just had to make sure correct layers were on.  

I tried your suggestion with the floor camera.  Is there really a difference between that camera and the "floor overview" camera?   Maybe just what layers are showing?

42 minutes ago, SNestor said:

I tried your suggestion with the floor camera.  Is there really a difference between that camera and the "floor overview" camera?   Maybe just what layers are showing?

I apologize,  you are correct,  I should of said ORTHOGRAPHIC FLOOR OVERVIEW,  not the FLOOR CAMERA,  my bad......  I use hot keys so much,  I forget what the different titles are.  If you can not get it to work,  let me know and I will do a quick video showing what I do.  Easy Peasy.

BTW,  I like the way you are using different colors for the stud walls,  nice.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about......  however,  if you look closely,  some of my wall still have a finish on them......  and some do not.......  hmmmmm...  I wonder why....  look at the third pic,  you can now see the studs t back wall....  I put this wall back on the DEFAULT WALL LAYER and suddenly the studs show up....  interesting  .  Point is I took a ORTHOGRAPHIC FLOOR OVERVIEW and then changed layers.  Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 9.37.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-03 at 9.34.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-03 at 9.31.26 AM.png

Here it is again sans floor joists.  Again,  the walls with a finish on them are not on their native WALLS  NORMAL LAYER,  the second pic is where I put them  back on their native layer.  Not sure if I like thisScreen Shot 2016-12-03 at 9.45.13 AM.png behavior.  Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 9.43.05 AM.png