Ray Trace Roast

olyconstruction

Hi Chiefs, 

I have been working on these ray traces for the past week for a bathroom remodel.  I have been making a little progress but I am still far from the quality that is expected from me. 

I was hoping I could post what I have right now and what settings I am using right now and have you folks sort of critique it and make some suggestions on how I can improve.

The first picture (example) is the level I want to be at. The second picture is where I am today. I realize it is a much smaller room but the lighting quality is what I really need. 

q1 is my floor plan. It is from a ray trace only plan, I took some walls out to get a good angle. Added parallel light is 1200 lumens the point light is 500 lumens and the light fixtures are all at 100

q2 and q3 shows some of my ray trace settings. I have photon mapping on too. 

Please, please, please let me know what you think, I really need to figure out how to do this well. 

Thank you so much!

example.jpg

RAY TRACE 14.jpg

q1.JPG

q2.JPG

q3.JPG

You might try working on the over-mirror light fixture, which apparently has one point light.  Place three more, dial all down as low as you can (I wish Chief would let us go even lower), edit placement to get them about one inch below each shade, edit the shades to be one of the "lighting" textures (try white first), dial up the emissivity to 40 or higher, and see what you get.

Gene Davis - If you need to drop the light intensity further than the % intensity adjustment then you can supplement this by making the color of the light a % of black. That will give you 255 additional levels. It's a great way to fine tune things regardless of the % intensity level. You can also increase the drop rate.

Graham