Interior wall on main floor becomes exterior wall above roofline

myrtsbnye

I am working on a building that has a central foyer that has 12' ceilings and two "wings" (one on each side) that have 8' ceilngs. The roof of the wings starts at the 8' wall height and the roof of the central foyer starts at the 12' height. This means a portion of the wall between the foyer and each wing will be above the wing roof on the exterior. In the 3D drawings this is shown as having an interior finish as that is the wall type chosen. I have tried different ways to have that show as exterior finish to no avail. I tried to "force it" by changing it to a pony wall and that just created more problems than it solved. Then strange things happened...I would save the drawing and when I reopened it all the corner boards would either disappear or strangely appear on interior walls. Door ways would disappear in the 3D but be there in the plan (turns out the doors are there but the opening in the wall had disappeared....and a few others as well.

Anyway, I have seen similar setups on CA before that looked great and know that I am making a rookie mistake here (I have actually watched a video on Youtube that addressed this but have forgotten the technique and now can't find the video).

Any help will be appreciated.

Have you looked at the Wall Specification DBX under the Roof tab>Roof Options "Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom" , select that and then down at the bottom of the DBX you can select and specify the lower wall type.

Hope that helps.:D

• Upvote 1