Need Roof Help

shanecarman

Hello,

I am working on creating a lodge.  I have auto roofs on and it has been working great.  I added a new, small area for elevators on all three floors.  Now on a random, unchanged area, I keep getting error messages about roof ridges.  I have never seen these errors before and now the roof looks insane and is all over the terrain.  I can't locate the tool mentioned in the error message either.  I have attached the file zipped and in a dropbox link due to its size.  The area it is circling is on the right side of the plan on the third floor.  I would highly appreciate any advice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lnb3a96pr53xrl/Family%20Ranch%20Lodge%20-%20Ocean%20or%20Lake%20views.zip?dl=0

Thank you!

Shane

Error message 2.JPGError message 1.JPG

Shane,

For starters, your floor/ceiling settings on the 2nd and 3rd floor elevators appear to be incorrect.

They should probably changed to Default - I assume that would be correct.

This is the main cause of the auto roof problems.

Change those settings and you will see a huge difference.

There is still an error message saying "Cannot Produce a Roof Plane" which I don't have time to troubleshoot now as I am off to bed.

If I get time in the morning, I will have another look.

This is doing pretty much what Mark was doing in his post - I just narrowed it down to the floor/ceiling settings in the elevators.

New Image_181.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2016 at 7:23 AM, glennw said:

Shane,

For starters, your floor/ceiling settings on the 2nd and 3rd floor elevators appear to be incorrect.

They should probably changed to Default - I assume that would be correct.

This is the main cause of the auto roof problems.

Change those settings and you will see a huge difference.

There is still an error message saying "Cannot Produce a Roof Plane" which I don't have time to troubleshoot now as I am off to bed.

If I get time in the morning, I will have another look.

This is doing pretty much what Mark was doing in his post - I just narrowed it down to the floor/ceiling settings in the elevators.

New Image_181.jpg

Thank you so much!  This worked.