Dormer Struggles....

mountaineer

Randy, I wish I could tell you exactly what to do, but it does appear the problem is the way you drew the dormer walls to get log look on the exterior above the roof,  and regular wall below the roof line, they appear to be two different walls which when I opened the plan and did a cross section elevation the lower part is offset from the upper and when I went to close the plan an error message popped up stating the dormer couldn't be built in that location because existing walls were in the way. Hopefully one of the guru's on here will jump in and help you. I'm sure Alaskan_Son could fix it with no problem!

I am no expert but I have never seen shed dormer done that way. I had 5 minutes today so I recorded a video.

Dear mountaineer, there are two types of dormers: structural and fake (floating).

Your structural dormer has no structural support. It really needs a wall to be placed on.

Second, the front wall of your dormer  (with the window) can not be supported by gutters it needs to be  at minimum to sit on the roof baseline.

Third area where ceiling is 1" or 10" from the floor is not useful for anything....

Placing Autodormer [In very slow motion]

BrownTiger