Wall Issue- not closing up.

Designer100

Newell,  Do you mean the porch ceiling above the railing walls?  If so post a screen shot something like this with your plan file. It is easy to do and saves all kinds of time for you and the people who so generously try to help.  If I have guessed correctly open the porch room and  in the Room Specification DBX Structure tab Ceiling select "Use Soffit Surface for Ceiling".

Newell 8215 plan.JPG

Newell,  No hole in wall when I open plan file.  Stair rail does stop at top of stair but window is too close.  Add return as illustrated or shorten rail by usind 3D Moulding polyline but that may not pass inspection.  Maybe just put it on the other side.  Not an easy decision with existing design choices.

Newell 8251L Stair Rail.jpgNewell 8251L Overview.jpg

Hey Newell,

I opened your plan and took a look. That stubborn roof just keeps cutting the wall... until I checked 'no special snapping'. Just open that roof dbx, then in the 'Measurements' section under the 'General' tab, you'll find that option. It worked, and is holding...

I've dealt with that issue before. Hope that helps. By now you've probably figured it out anyhow.

Rob.