Wall Cabinet Crown Disappears Near A Straight Half-Wall

Designers_Edge

I have not had this in previous versions of Chief. I placed a 42" high half-wall using the straight half-wall tool to open the kitchen to the dining room.  I had used the room divider tool to go from the half wall to the opposite wall "enclosing" the room, and maintaining it's room specification of kitchen.  I have deleted the room divider/invisible wall, but that does not help.  It seems as if the cabinet/program is reading the half-wall as a full height wall.  I would appreciate any help.

post-1026-0-17695300-1402270410_thumb.jpg

did you delete the half wall and see what happens ?  rebuild it with invisible wall from end of half wall to other wall , not all the way across the room perhaps? maybe it still "sees" the invisible wall?

did you hit F12 to rebuild everything yet?....

M.

Thank you both.  OK, tried F12 and that did nothing.  I have also closed out and opened it again.  I have two more thumbnails that are interesting.,  The first shows what is selected when I click on that half wall.  The second one shows that when I delete that half wall, the cabinet corrects itself and now has crown on the side.  Again, in older versions, I used the railing tool and never had an issue.  I may do that and see what happens.

post-1026-0-38243400-1402277120_thumb.jpg

post-1026-0-06019700-1402277131_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

It's now February 2018, and I'm having this problem with latest, greatest version of Chief. I've deleted the half wall, put in my wall cabinets, then added a half-wall. Deleted that and drew in a railing (I know they're the same, but, desperate times call for desperate measures!)  As soon as it goes in, my crown disappears on my cabinet.

12 minutes ago, Domistyle said:

It's now February 2018, and I'm having this problem with latest, greatest version of Chief. I've deleted the half wall, put in my wall cabinets, then added a half-wall. Deleted that and drew in a railing (I know they're the same, but, desperate times call for desperate measures!)  As soon as it goes in, my crown disappears on my cabinet.

6 minutes ago, solver said:

Did you read post #5 just above?

Just to add to what others have said. I use ONLY molding lines always. If you are doing much with cabinets/kitchens then you use an assortment of molding stacks. Not hundreds but more than one or two right? Evey time you make a stack using a molding line (NOT molding polyline) and create. Copy it somewhere, select one length, then "disconnect selected edge. Copy that and paste it into a warehouse plan. I keep six foot lengths of each stack in rows based on ceiling height to keep things tidy I have some dashed cad lines drawn vertically for each row set 6 ft apart. To the side of each molding line I place a description ( I lean toward naming them by client) I also take a back clip section of the molding stack, shoot a cad detail from view and copy that into the warehouse plan next to the name.

Won't take long until you have all the molding stacks you are likely to use but they are still easier to adjust than stacking them on cabinets. The biggest advantages of this method are- 1 NO quirky behavior; 2 you can now adjust the side overhangs to something other than the front overhang which is what happens IRL; 3 you don't have to redraw them. Just open the warehouse plan, copy and paste.

Down off the soap box now.