Reflect Copy Mulled Windows

johnny

I think there is a bug, but would like to verify before I submit.  When in X8 (not sure earlier versions) and I mull a window unit, but then copy/reflect it to another area the windows dont flip as they should.  Having 2 individual windows works as expected, so the occurrence is only when the window is mulled.

Here is a pic of the mulled window, and then the center line (blue highlighted yellow) i used to copy/reflect (in 1 operation) and the reflect doesn't simply reflect but flips as well.

If I dont have them mulled and simply select both and do the same operation it works fine.  The issue is I think this is a bug unless for some odd reason CA wanted it this way.  Though I can't think why.

before_try.JPG

reflect.JPG

I have a similar problem to Johnny.  I would like to reflect a garage door so the panels are reversed.  In the attached photo, I placed the right hand door and then did a copy and reflect about the front wall center.  I also tried to do it reflected on the back wall but the panels remain the same.  Is it possible to reverse these panels?  

2016-11-22_9-26-23.jpg

I think because windows and doors are "special" symbols (we can't open a symbol dbx and make changes) that Chief treats them differently. A "normal" symbol can be reflected/resized etc. through commands or a dbx, but not windows and doors. I think this is why Sherry can't reflect a garage door and expect to see the actual symbol truly reversed (about it's own axis). The same for mulled windows.

Sherry, there is a way to show it reverse in elevation. Not the way it should be as you pointed out, with the reflect about but a workaround. You will need to put doors on new layer...one for plan view one for elevations. If you reverse swing it will show the way you want in elevation but will also show door hatch outside of garage in plan. You need to overlay one set for plan and one for elevation to have it all work.

Why should an individual window work but not a door?  It may be because the door is a block of panels but then I'd like to be able to unblock and reverse or have Chief supply reverse panels in the library.

I will send in a suggestion.