Can't Get Sun Angle

SNestor

Steve,

I assume you are talking about the shadow in plan view.

If you open the Sun Angle Specification dbx you will notice that the Solar Altitude is -10.4°.

This means that at 9am at that location, it is before sunrise - and guess what....no shadows before sunrise.

You need to change some of your time/date/location settings so that it is during sunlight hours before Chief will generate the shadow. 

It looks like the sun doesn't rise until between 10am and 10:15 am at that time and location.

Don't forget to click "Make Shadow"

3 hours ago, glennw said:

Steve,

I assume you are talking about the shadow in plan view.

If you open the Sun Angle Specification dbx you will notice that the Solar Altitude is -10.4°.

This means that at 9am at that location, it is before sunrise - and guess what....no shadows before sunrise.

You need to change some of your time/date/location settings so that it is during sunlight hours before Chief will generate the shadow. 

It looks like the sun doesn't rise until between 10am and 10:15 am at that time and location.

Don't forget to click "Make Shadow"

Glenn - thanks, that was it.  Not sure how I got those coordinates...but, once I inputted the correct location...well, it worked.  Garbage in...garbage out.  

Thanks for the help!