A Little roof help please

Clare_White

Hello,

I have this Garage remodel project that the garage roof I can't figure it out. The garage roof is a hip that joins in with the house roof, I got all that. I need help with this small triangle that joins the front and back together.  

I have attached the google map images of front and back and the drawing file. I am almost at the point of just sending these problems out and paying someone for it.

3943 SE Cooper St - Google Maps back of house.pdf

4008 SE Cooper St - front of garage.pdf

Steve & Tereas Oslund Exist roof 1a.plan

Since the Chief Talk forum has changed I can't post Plan files although I can post PDF clips ok. I couldn't get the plan file to even attempt to attach.  I'll keep trying. What I did was delete the small piece of roof Rick added, then did roof break in the hip and drug that edge around to the ridge and it worked.

2 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Clare, What I did was delete the small piece of roof Rick added, then did roof break in the hip and drug that edge around to the ridge and it worked.

Steve & Tereas Oslund Exist roof 2- roof edit.plan

Yeah, I didn't look at the second PDF. Regardless, the more I look at the Google picture, the more I'm convinced that the rear intersection is the real issue, and needs to look more like this:

cricket2.PNG

Obviously I don't have it perfect - but I think there is a lot of tweaking that needs to happen.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Bob and Robert,

This Roof stuff is tricky. Some roof look really simple when you first look at them and then you draw them in and find all the problems. What is the saying "practice makes perfect."

Robert you have it correct on the last one. I did start out with trying to draw it like that but then it wasn't working out and I got lost along the way. Google maps are great when you can look at roofs all around, however I feel like a spy.

Thank you!

Oslund roof.jpg