The Alaskan's Area Macros

dshall

How can I say this?  This stuff is awesome.  I have been asking for this for years.  I thought the way to get it was to get POLYLINE LABELS.  Well,  I got the labels,  but that was it.  It was "That Alaskan Guy" who put this crap together to make my job so much easier.  

Things are getting so complicated now.  We need area analysis of new areas,  existing areas,  lot areas,  floor area ratios,  coverage analysis,  existing impervious areas,  percentage of impervious areas,   new impervious areas,  percentage of new impervious areas,  percentage of total impervious areas,  percentage of my body fat before thanksgiving and percentage of my body fat after Thanksgiving.........  you get the point.......  Michael The Alaskan Son has figured out how to generate the macros that are needed.  This stuff is almost as  good as the MRLS,  the Anno Sets  and the new administration (The "Lynn Administration")

Thank You Michael.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, dshall said:

How can I say this?  This stuff is awesome.  I have been asking for this for years.  I thought the way to get it was to get POLYLINE LABELS.  Well,  I got the labels,  but that was it.  It was "That Alaskan Guy" who put this crap together to make my job so much easier.  

Things are getting so complicated now.  We need area analysis of new areas,  existing areas,  lot areas,  floor area ratios,  coverage analysis,  existing impervious areas,  percentage of impervious areas,   new impervious areas,  percentage of new impervious areas,  percentage of total impervious areas,  percentage of my body fat before thanksgiving and percentage of my body fat after Thanksgiving.........  you get the point.......  Michael The Alaskan Son has figured out how to generate the macros that are needed.  This stuff is almost as  good as the MRLS,  the Anno Sets  and the new administration (The "Lynn Administration")

Thank You Michael.

Joe Carrick is going to be so hurt when he finds out that you have been calculating behind his back. What, like HIS macros weren't good enough?

22 hours ago, dshall said:

Thank You Michael.

You are most certainly welcome Scott.  Thanks for championing the cause. 

26 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Joe's macro's are more involved and much more info, and more Automatic without having to place any p-lines. Some people just can't get there head around that.

Ya, I haven't used Joe's package so I can't attest to that but I can say this...

It was really my goal to try and develop something that was universally usable and modifiable.  The more I've delved into Ruby and text macros, the more its become apparent that everyone needs everything to be a little different.  Plus, people all think differently.  This is why I set out to develop an alternative, and more specifically...take a DIY approach that teaches people how to create their own unique set up from scratch.  Plus, as an added benefit, I'm hoping to help others delve into creating and modifying their own macros...in baby steps of course.  I'm planning on continuing that video series here soon. 

• Upvote 1