Wall does not tie in with second floor??

magnethead

JavaTom: THanks, I get an Error when trying to align 'right side' of the two walls on either side of the bay window thing.

""One or more of the objects could not be moved into the desired alignment due to placement restrictions."" , but they are aligned!! :) Measured from the same point, they give equal dimensions

If I highlight and remove the circular piece(bay window), and extend one of the remaining walls, the gap disappears and I have a solid wall, so those two walls are in alignment, but the minute I put the curved wall back in, it messes things up :(

NO way ...Walls are totally aligned
Check this out.....all is good as I make my gap in the wall until I reach 2Metres!! Wow, Do you need to put in Lintels to make Chief happy? what the hell :)

Check out the picture!! as the gap gets bigger

ShaneK, Thanks for point a NOOB in the right direction :)  (Plan attached)

wall3.jpg

2.plan

You had 2 sets of 2nd story walls, I deleted all 2nd story walls and found another under it that you had made "No Locate" and "No Room Definition" in the wall dbx, I unchecked those in each wall and now put your windows back in and all is well. Or just pull back a 2nd story wall from a corner and you will see the bad wall below, delete it and close corner back up, do this for each wall, then windows stay.

2.plan

Gentlemen,

Thank  you very much for your support :) I'm an ecstatic Noob again, I thought that was the end of my first ever Drawing and now I'm back on track :)

Javatom: Your trick of wall through the floor below worked :)

and ShaneK: Thanks for taking the time to find the exact root cause of the issue! I don't know how the second set of walls were created, I created them with the auto generate second floor from first, so I must have accidentally done that process twice

Delighted now, just in time, I'm going to a Self build course run by some QS troubleshooters , and I'll be able to show them some proper 3D shots