ChiefTalk Migration

Dan_Park

3 hours ago, Richard_Morrison said:

I suspect the post count on the forum is not working properly. There were a few posts by "ecampos" on the Chatroom, and I noticed that his/her posts still show as zero.

Chat room posts don't get counted in your post total.

Didn't get counted in the previous version of the forum

either. Who knows why?

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, Richard_Morrison said:

I suspect the post count on the forum is not working properly. There were a few posts by "ecampos" on the Chatroom, and I noticed that his/her posts still show as zero.

Chatroom posts don't get counted because the setting to count them is turned off.

• 3 weeks later...

Dan,  If you would not mind taking a look to see why this in not formatting to a 1080 pixel width would be much appreciated.

Coloring Outside the Lines.JPG

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/12396-amaising-software-nowdays/?do=findComment&comment=106510

I thought it was an isolated incident but it appears now that it is not.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/12440-comparing-3d-cad-software-questions-to-consider/

Thanks, Chopsaw

17 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Advanced search still doesn't work, and I'm not talking about a specific part of it.  I'm talking about the whole thing.  It doesn't seem to work AT ALL.

Ditto.  Maybe we are doing something wrong.  It does not work for me at all too.

• 3 months later...

Dan,  There is an issue posting and displaying PNG images on the forum that seems to be a widespread issue effecting other platforms as well. If this can be fixed, please do, if not please inform us of our options.

Noticed the problem last week here: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/13672-curved-pews/?do=findComment&comment=116647

And here is another example: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/13710-auto-attic-walls-yet-another/

Thanks, Chopsaw

11 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Dan,  There is an issue posting and displaying PNG images on the forum that seems to be a widespread issue effecting other platforms as well. If this can be fixed, please do, if not please inform us of our options.

Noticed the problem last week here: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/13672-curved-pews/?do=findComment&comment=116647

And here is another example: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/13710-auto-attic-walls-yet-another/

Thanks, Chopsaw

I noticed that same thing.  You just have to click on the little "Full Size" option in the lower left corner.  I don't have the same problem on my iPhone though.

Now on a side note, the Advanced Search seems to finally be working!!

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I noticed that same thing.  You just have to click on the little "Full Size" option in the lower left corner.  I don't have the same problem on my iPhone though.

Thanks for the tip Michael.  I guess I never really got into using the full size feature because it does not change the size on my setup.

1 hour ago, Dan_Park said:

In these cases the PNG file is transparent except for the black lines etc. and you are seeing the dark semi transparent background provided by the style sheet.

Also it does seem to be a windows related issue which might help Dan out and possibly only windows 10.  Maybe the problem could be resolved by removing the black background ("style sheet") which prevents people from viewing the narrative and the attachment at the same time, something I miss from the previous forum.

12 hours ago, solver said:

For the past several months, I've been getting 2 versions of the forum.

Until a few days ago, I was seeing the one on the right, and occasionally, the one on the left.

Now it's always the left one.

Primary browser is Vivaldi. It's Chrome based.

Snap7.thumb.jpg.7b3ea82e7563eadffcc1d841f5a58d4b.jpg

Also, getting this 

{"notifications":{"count":"0","data":[]},"messages":{"count":"0","data":[]}}

The first part is from the responsive design which is intended to make it easier to navigate for small format devices like tablets and smartphones.

The second is a JSON response for notifications which should pop messages when someone replies to a thread you are viewing. I've seen this happen myself, we think it might be due to getting logged out while you are inactive on a page or perhaps due to javascript being disabled.

I have not tested the Vivaldi browser, it's not on our list of supported browsers since it does not have a large user base. We mostly test using Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari, and occasionally Opera. Vivaldi usage ranks below about 10 other browsers we also don't test.

• 3 weeks later...

Dan,  I am not quite sure what is going on but I seem to have lost scrolling function on the forum with my mouse roller wheel.  I have recently changes some setup on my system but it seems to be working fine in other programs and even other web pages with my Chrome browser.  It seems to work fine with Edge and IE 11.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Seems to be working fine today after windows update.  Not quite sure what was going on.

Edited by Chopsaw
Update

• 10 months later...
On 11/15/2016 at 8:19 PM, Joe_Carrick said:
On 11/15/2016 at 8:16 PM, Chopsaw said:

Dan,  It is a great addition to have the total number of post in each thread at the top of the page, but what happened to the individual thread numbers.:(

Good point, How do we refer to post #n in this thread?

Humm....   Did we loose it all with this new update.  I thought updates were supposed to build on what we had ?

On 19/04/2017 at 2:32 PM, solver said:

For the past several months, I've been getting 2 versions of the forum.

Until a few days ago, I was seeing the one on the right, and occasionally, the one on the left.

Now it's always the left one.

Primary browser is Vivaldi. It's Chrome based.

Snap7.thumb.jpg.7b3ea82e7563eadffcc1d841f5a58d4b.jpg

Also, getting this 

{"notifications":{"count":"0","data":[]},"messages":{"count":"0","data":[]}}

Solver,

Try dragging the width of the Chieftalk window wider and narrower.

The format automatically changes depending on the width of the window - as Dan said it is part of the "responsive design" to automatically size for different device types.

@Dan_Park

I have occasionally gotten the HTML source code/no graphics since last week's Forum update , and no longer get any email notifications as I previously did of posts to threads I am following , a reset of those did not fix it either.

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Humm....   Did we loose it all with this new update.  I thought updates were supposed to build on what we had ?

You have to click on the Date (or time) it was posted ....I right click it and choose copy link location , been that way for a while for me....  or select the text in the post you want to quote, don't move the mouse, wait a second and a small popup will ask if you want to quote this, then click the popup.....

M.

6 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You have to click on the Date (or time) it was posted ....I right click it and choose copy link location , been that way for a while for me....  or select the text in the post you want to quote, don't move the mouse, wait a second and a small popup will ask if you want to quote this, then click the popup.....

Yes I understand that Mick but it seems we have lost the ability to refer to a post # as many threads have done in the past which makes them all rather useless.

There are times when a quick reference # is all that is necessary rather than a big long string of repetitive quotes that someone has to pay the storage bill on.

39 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes I understand that Mick but it seems we have lost the ability to refer to a post # as many threads have done in the past which makes them all rather useless.

There are times when a quick reference # is all that is necessary rather than a big long string of repetitive quotes that someone has to pay the storage bill on.

Ooops , I misunderstood what you were asking......  you are right I no longer see Post # either which was handy , and I used it alot in the Let's PBR Thread , so there will be confused people there....

M.