ChiefTalk Migration

Dan_Park

too "large"

I have my resolution set to 1024 x 768 (720P) due to eyes

with this new version of Chieftalk I will have to zoom out to see more of the threads etc

or I will be constantly scrolling all the time ....

I also can't tell which forum sections have new threads

the color variations are way too faint ...

Lew

New thread indications were lost during migration. You will see this sort itself out shortly as people start posting.

I'm trying your resolution and I can't identify the issue you are describing. I'm sure I'm missing something, can you describe the problem in more detail?

Since the change, I can't get any attachments to open and attached to my replies.  I attempted dragging them but the .plan file doesn't do anything.  The PDF's attempt to attach however about half-way through the process I get error that the attachment failed.  Also tried attaching .plan files and the pdf via the paperclip.  The PDF will attach, however the plan file although it is considerably less than the 25MB limit will not attempt to attach.

8 minutes ago, Dan_Park said:

Thanks Joe, I forgot to add those.

Does it look right now?

Dan,

I see the "Staff List" and the "Online Users" but I don't see a complete list of Users.  We had an alphabetical listing before of all users so we could PM anyone.  Also I notice that after "Location" there's no space.  IOW LocationRathburn, ID would look better as Location: Rathburn, ID

10 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Since the change, I can't get any attachments to open and attached to my replies.  I attempted dragging them but the .plan file doesn't do anything.  The PDF's attempt to attach however about half-way through the process I get error that the attachment failed.  Also tried attaching .plan files and the pdf via the paperclip.  The PDF will attach, however the plan file although it is considerably less than the 25MB limit will not attempt to attach.

I checked the settings and they appear correct. Can you let us know what browser you are using?

Thanks,

11 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Dan,

I see the "Staff List" and the "Online Users" but I don't see a complete list of Users.  We had an alphabetical listing before of all users so we could PM anyone.  Also I notice that after "Location" there's no space.  IOW LocationRathburn, ID would look better as Location: Rathburn, ID

We are looking into those issues.

8 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Hi Dan,

I just noticed that the "Staff" section only lists "Moderators".  Is there a reason that other staff is not in that list?

Joe, I see the administrators as well, Brian probably changed it while I was looking. Can you confirm you can see these?

Dan, I see several categories all under the "Moderators" banner. 

Members

Administrators

Chief Sales

But I don't see any position titles and there are many staff members not listed.  Chris, Doug, Dermot, Ryan, Greg, Adrean, Kirk, etc.

Most of those post on Chieftalk - some more than others.  I understand that there are some who would not want to be directly contacted but sometimes it's nice to be able to send a PM rather than an open thread.

24 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

Looks like the member list was removed from the new version.

You can go here for something very similar or just use the member search tool

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/search/?type=core_members

Super Large Icons are way to difficult to use as a user browser.  I'll check the search function and see how that works.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Dan, I see several categories all under the "Moderators" banner. 

Members

Administrators

Chief Sales

But I don't see any position titles and there are many staff members not listed.  Chris, Doug, Dermot, Ryan, Greg, Adrean, Kirk, etc.

Most of those post on Chieftalk - some more than others.  I understand that there are some who would not want to be directly contacted but sometimes it's nice to be able to send a PM rather than an open thread.

I see. That should be corrected.

I'll take a look - it's kind of a new feature we had not explored yet.

The staff link is only for the ChiefTalk staff/admins.  Not all Chief employees want to be listed here or will be.

The reasoning per the developers of the forum software for the member list being removed is that this was not a common feature on any common online social community(facebook,twitter..etc do not have list of members) and a use case could not be provided to the developers of the software for why it was needed when search was available. Were you really ever scrolling through pages and pages of members looking for one specific member?

Dan,

In the old forum there was a function like "Go To First Unread" in a thread.

I can't find anything similar in the new forum.

There is an "Unread Content", but that applies to the whole forum, not just a particular thread.

Is there anything that will take me to the first unread message in a particular thread?

OK, I think I found that one under Read Status ("Unread item links take me to the first unread comment") on the ribbon bar or whatever its called.

Now, how do I delete one of my own posts?