Auto Roof Question

Ginkgohouse

Hello

I am working on a new house with a partially detached garage. Plan Attached ! 

I have auto roofs on - knowing full-and-well I will shut it off eventually. 

Question is on the garage area: There is a "set-back" loft above the three-plus car garage below. The auto-roof works on all other areas of the plan except for the garage walls when it decides that those walls get a 1'9" overhang.  The balance of the plan has 42"(D)

Any ideas on what is driving the overhang shortage?

Thanks

Mark

Still in X7......

CA - Concept Two.plan

Without viewing your attached plan, I can say with certainty that auto build roof is very limited and one has to learn how to take that product and then manually edit those results to what you really want. This takes time and patience to learn how to manually edit roof planes but has to be in your toolbox sooner or later if you wish to become a competent roof designer, the way out is the way through.

DJP 

Thanks David.  

I did figure out the problem. I had the overhang set to the roof default( 42"D ) but had changed the slope to slope that was not default as I wanted those roofs to be steeper.   When I changed the slope to Default everything worked as expected. Seems like those should not be tied together. 

Glenn,

That looks like it will work perfectly if the pitch can also be reduced for that section of roof or find a way to raise the windows.

Somehow I just knew this was a job for you after looking a the plan for a while.  Good Work Mate!!