Looking for help: convert PDF project to CA

davidbakh

I have a completed and approved project (35 pages of drawings and notes) for a 2-story, 2/3 BR, 3 BA house. 

The project was implemented by a hand-drafting method and is available in form of PDF images for all the documentation.

I'm looking for someone with a sufficient knowledge of CA to enter the available information into a CA 3-d project model. 

Based on the work type and the available information, the work could be done by either one of local to my area people (I live in SJ, CA), of by any sufficiently experienced person anywhere on the globe.

TIA,

David

"Convert" is the wrong word to use, there is no way to do that. What can be done is to import the PDF, scale it within Chief. Then place it on a custom layer and lock it. Then trace over the exterior walls with the Wall Tool, add windows and doors. Before moving on you match the dimensions displayed in the PDF, this is because scaling of an image is a matter of getting it close, perfect scaling I have found to be hard to do.

Then do your interior walls and doors etc. Then turn off the PDF and dimension your interior walls based upon the PDF's dimensions

If you have another floor then that will require another scaled PDF, you can then use the Reference Floor display to help align one floor to the next.

DJP

• Upvote 1

I think I missed the point earlier. It sounds like you do not use Chief Architect.  I sounds like you need 35 pages of drawings to Chief Architect, then to PDF. Sight unseen what you want done is going to take a lot of time in Chief Architect, probably $1 - 2 M dollars are you willing to pay a fair price? I commonly charge $75.00 per hour, and I would require an upfront prepayment of $500.00. Let me know please, yea or nay.

DJP

• Upvote 1

David,

If I read your post correctly, you have a complete set of hand drawn construction documents for a house that have been scanned into a pdf. You need someone to "create" a 3D model of the house using Chief. The amount of detail you would want in the model (cabinets, tile work, furniture, millwork etc.) as well as exterior (site, landscape etc.) would be a big factor. If you could post the pdf with your requirements I'd be happy to quote. I have been working with CA since 1995 V4 and currently use X8. I am located in the Denver area. I agree with DJP however - won't be cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

David, 

I am in the Bay Area, you will save significantly on cost if you personally scaled the drawings and notated each measurement, as tracing is slower than producing a model from scratch and simply inputing values. I'd be willing to take a look, send me a PM when you get a chance

• 2 weeks later...

I am also interested in hearing from you if you would send me a PM message

when you get a chance.

Thx,

DCB

Accurate Asbuilts & Designs

(970)987-4476 cell

email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com

web:  www.dcbcaddesigns.com

FB:    accurate asbuilts & design