Gutter on selected edge

Gawdzira

Alan,

I can duplicate the disappearing gutter.

I believe it is because you have a zero pitch roof and the roof is supplying the gutter.

The gutter won't auto build on the "high" side or the roof - even though the roof is flat.

Chief won't auto build a gutter on 4 sides of a roof - there is always a "high" side.

Whenever you open and close  the roof dbx , the gutter auto rebuilds - except for the "high" side of the roof.

You need to use a manual molding line for the gutter and in the roof dbx...Options...Supply...uncheck Gutter.

Alan,

I can duplicate the disappearing gutter.

I believe it is because you have a zero pitch roof and the roof is supplying the gutter.

The gutter won't auto build on the "high" side or the roof - even though the roof is flat.

Chief won't auto build a gutter on 4 sides of a roof - there is always a "high" side.

Whenever you open and close  the roof dbx , the gutter auto rebuilds - except for the "high" side of the roof.

You need to use a manual molding line for the gutter and in the roof dbx...Options...Supply...uncheck Gutter.

I do not doubt this,  however,  when I reopened his SAVED PLAN THAT WAS ON MY DESK TOP,  the gutter WAS missing,  I put it back in,  closed plan and reopened 4 different times,  the gutter was remaining....  I cannot explain it.

post-50-0-32611600-1478905971_thumb.png

Scott,

I put it back in,

How did you "put it back in".

I also note that the roof baselines are way off from where they should be - but I don't think that is causing the problem.

The same gutter behaviour is happening on the other flat roof over Bedroom 1 - only it is the gutter on the top of scree side of the bedroom because the 2 roof have been built in the same direction - ie, low side of roof on bottom of screen.

Scott,

How did you "put it back in".

I also note that the roof baselines are way off from where they should be - but I don't think that is causing the problem.

The same gutter behaviour is happening on the other flat roof over Bedroom 1 - only it is the gutter on the top of scree side of the bedroom because the 2 roof have been built in the same direction - ie, low side of roof on bottom of screen.

Glenn, it was a overview, I grabbed the end and pulled it along the fascia. I was not exact, I did it down and dirty.

I had thought about your reasoning. ( at least one edge does not get gutter). But for some reason the gutter stayed after opening and closing 4 times. I will try again tomorrow to see if I can get it to fail.

I opened it again this morning and I still have gutter...  weird....

Opening and closing the file is not the issue. Make an adjustment to one of the roofs, or as Glenn suggests, open the Roof DBX and close it. The gutters will rebuild. This has been true for awhile: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/5778-gutters-keep-reverting-back-to-default/ , or https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/235-gutter-rebuilding/, and this has been reported a NUMBER of times.