Get Rid of Bad Elevation / Section Lines

olyconstruction

Hi Chiefs, 

I keep getting these lines in my elevation views that I don't know how to get rid of. They are not graphics issues because they are printing. In the attached PDF I have circled the lines I am talking about. I am attaching my plan too.

The ones on the elevation sheet just show and I am not sure where they are coming from. One on the roof plane seems to be a wall poking through the roof, but in 3d it looks fine.

In elevation the circled line does not show up in plan but is in layout and prints. It is not a cad line in layout. Whats up with that?

Please let me know if you have had any luck eliminating lines like these and what I might do to do the same. 

Thank you for your help!

question set.pdf

HOUSE CONCEPT 2- 10-31-16.plan

Hi Chiefs, 

I keep getting these lines in my elevation views that I don't know how to get rid of. They are not graphics issues because they are printing. In the attached PDF I have circled the lines I am talking about. I am attaching my plan too.

The ones on the elevation sheet just show and I am not sure where they are coming from. One on the roof plane seems to be a wall poking through the roof, but in 3d it looks fine.

In elevation the circled line does not show up in plan but is in layout and prints. It is not a cad line in layout. Whats up with that?

Please let me know if you have had any luck eliminating lines like these and what I might do to do the same. 

Thank you for your help!

I fight extra lines in elevations constantly and a lot of the time I give up trying to figure out where they come from and edit them out as suggested. The only problem is that any refresh of the elevation and you have to edit them out again, and again.

Alex, see my attached sketch for the wall sections the lines I've marked appear to be the bump outs that you created in the area you call the "Squirrels Nest".  If you move your  section camera in and out you will see what I mean.

I have to get back to work, and am not sure what the lines are in your Elevations.  What I have found in the past, when similar conditions show up in my plans, I have stray line that was caused by some drawing action I did, some causes I found, some I never did! Hope this helps some? I did do the glass house and that's what led me to look at the bump outs.  I moved your camera position and they disappeared, when I move it back they reappeared.

ALEX QUESTION ON CA.pdf

A lot of the lines ,but not all, you see will go away when printed to pdf, just look bad when viewing a plan. Try technical illustration for your elevations, that might help a bit. I don't get very many extra lines these days. There is usually something you have done that causes it.

This is one of my most hated elements of Chief - these sorts of "artifact" left-overs.  I know we can tinker with the models to eliminate some of these lines, but I spend WAY too much time messing with it.

Honestly, this issue may eventually make me leave using Chief it annoys me that much.