Mark Macro needed.

ACADuser

Using the marker in text tools could you have a macro that inserted the Absolute Y Axis Value.

Creating a Front Elevation of the house & placing the marker at the Floor Elevation line the marker would read as an example

First Floor 0'-0" You would enter "First Floor" & the macro. Second floor would be Second Floor 10'-4"

Only the number height would be automatic of course Or is there another way to do this.

My wish is that you could use an offset value to place another value in these markers.

For example the 1st floor is at 8.3' NAVD so you need the Y-value plus 8.3'

Resulting in a Marker text as First Floor 8.3' NAVD  & Second Floor 12.3' NAVD

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a picture of what are you asking? Are you asking for Y Axis or Z Axis.

Asuming Z You can try using Global Text %room.elevation.floor%, text must be placed inside of the room.

You can reference floor by creating $glbl_floor via owner or reference to a wall.

See Owner.floor_number or referenced.floor_number.

define array

aFloors = [ "Basement","First Floor","Second Floor","Third floor"]

now: aFloors[referenced.floor_number]

will return text name of the floor name. Place macro in the room label to store $Glbl_floorelev  = owner.floor_elevation

Macro would read Y value of the Marker & format it in feet & inches OR decimal feet (may need two versions of the macro

Create or use a "User variable" to hold an offset value, value could be zero, positive or negative.

This offset value would be added to the marker absolute Y-value to determine the value returned.

User could add prefix text and/or suffix text inside the Marker as needed .

So with an offset value of 8.3'

%macro%" NAVD

would yield "8.3' NAVD"  for a marker placed at Y=0

Move the marker up to Y=10' and the result becomes "18.3' NAVD"

post-2435-0-76734900-1478495244_thumb.jpg

I am sorry, use of Macros in sections is problematic. I was never been able to get referenced notation to work.

I would just create library primitive with red line, yellow line and marker and two text fields [above and below] with leader lines and + NAVDA field, place it in the unlock and copy values from story poll dimensions. Or you can prebuild all four and place them in the library [Garage floor, finish first floor,].  Use Story Poll, that can be temporary offset by Grade Level Marker value. And copy values.

Glenn

Tried to use them but too much work cleaning them up & can't get the marker text to override. They want to label existing platforms.

It's quite messy. I'd send you the plan if you had the time to fool with it. X9 Beta

But otherwise the Macro root would be simpler for me.

Oh I may have a X8 plan too.

This morning they want to change the Base from 8.03 to 9.5, so that is my plight. Need to recalculate and update the markers again.

Not that this is so time consuming but with the macro I would just change the Base Variable & the rest would be automatic as they say. :)

Alan,

It may be possible to use macros to do this but the way Chief has implemented Ruby it's doubtful.  There's no facility other than Global Ruby Variables to store user input.

The problem is that there are no attributes attached to the individual markers from which to get the elevation data.  The Story Pole allows modification of the text - and it will read a valid macro - but there's just nothing to get data from.

...& can't get the marker text to override

All of the text for the markers can be overridden to say whatever you like.  See picture below.

I would encourage you to take another look at the auto story pole dimension.  It should be able to do what you want.  If you can't get it to do what you want, then you should send in a feature request asking for the changes you need.

post-26-0-49850300-1478534294_thumb.png

Yes unchecking the Marks to include eliminated many of the unwanted but a delete option would be very helpful.

As this option is not an every day tool for me it is easier to delete unwanted than to reconfigure each time I decide to use it.

Michael,

What object did you use for the Point Markers to get the attributes?

Hey Joe,

There are a couple methods that I utilize to get otherwise unattainable attributes and automation. There are several variations of both of these methods but in short…

1. Draw a line, assign arrows to both ends, convert that to a polyline by adding a node, delete that extra node, and then utilize the label.

2. Do the same thing but instead of converting to a polyline, convert to a molding polyline.

You can use this method with or without arrows, but the beauty of arrows is that if you drag the arrow and snap it to an object you can get it to "stick". When you move the object, the end of your line will move with it.

You cannot use the molding method in elevation views, only in plan views.

The beauty of using a molding polyline is that it can be added to ARCHITECTURAL blocks.

There are a good handful of related tricks beyond that that you can use in conjunction with this method, but essentially what you can end up with are dimension lines whose values can be used in macros.

To see one example, go ahead and reverse engineer the "Kitchen Work Triangle" in this thread...

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/11669-michaels-custom-macros-tools-symbols-and-training-services/?view=getnewpost

This morning they want to change the Base from 8.03 to 9.5, so that is my plight. Need to recalculate and update the markers again.

Not that this is so time consuming but with the macro I would just change the Base Variable & the rest would be automatic as they say. :)

How to offset the elevations?  Now the floor one is at zero. I need to change that form time to time.

Alan,

To make this change using the Storey Pole tool is as easy as opening the dimension defaults dbx being used and change the Grade Level Marker value to -9.5'.

All the levels will automatically recalculate and update to relate to the new floor level 0 (Grade Level Marker value.

Thanks to you I found that and it helps. I put in a feature request to easily delete unwanted markers.

You delete unwanted markers exactly the same way you would delete an extension line in any dimension string.

Just grab the marker at the end of the extension and drag it off the object - simple as.

You can also add marker heights by dragging the new extension marker off the dimension line and snapping it to an object like a floor or roof level - exactly the same way you would add an extension line to a normal dimension. 

As far as I can tell, the Auto Storey Pole tool will do everything you want.

Stop looking for reasons not to use, but instead make it work the way you want.

Post a plan and a description of exactly what you want and I will see if I can set it all up for you.