Raising a Shoe (lower plate) to sit on an inverted bulkhead.

DougDM

I have tried just about everything on this one,,,I need to build a box to conceal a waste line in a basement job. There isn't room behind the waste to run the common wall down. So I need to do similar to whats in the attached snapshot,  Question.... How do I raise the lower plate of the main wall to sit on the box, show correctly in 3D, and have the lower box frame correctly?  I've tried a 16" railing wall with a flat roof for the box which came the closest but still no raising of plate on the main wall.  I know I can create different floor levels to do this but there must be an easier way. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

post-550-0-57231600-1478441468_thumb.jpg

Manually adjusted interior walls, no room def on walls, used landing for horizontal deck but can not frame it and if you move landing interior wall gets covered and won't show in 3d overview.

Good suggestions,  however I will go a step further and recommend a roof plane in lieu of landing  (that way you get the framing).

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I would avoid using a roof plane in that sort of situation as it has the potential to cause too many problems.

A roof in the guts of the house is not a good idea.

I would create a room and  use the new Shelf Ceiling option.

It will auto frame the walls and the ceiling.

New Image_175.jpg

PS

Ah, I just realised that this is an older post.

Oh well, it still may help - and it's good that we have the new tool.

• Upvote 2