6 Core Processor, GTX 980ti, CAD details still slowing me down. Why?

zowie123

Hi, 

A typical details page, bogs the hell out of the computer.  Adding a couple of cad details to a crossection bogs down the computer. 

Is there a secret to blocking or storing cad details that isn't so resource intensive?

Thanks for all your collective brain power,

Barry

You may want to post the details page or send plan & layout to someone that can give an answer. I am on the other coast and use different details for your area if you want to me to take a look. My email is below. Maybe share via dropbox if it is huge.

What do you use for your hard drive? You did not list all of the system specs.

Barry, I would be interested to know a little more about your situation as I have had similar issues in the past and feel that more investigation is needed into issues like this.  Have you talked to tech yet and what version are you running?  It may be simple or it may not.

You might want to post an example section.  I just went through and opened some sections and didn't find them particularly slow.  Chief has always been slower to me than other apps, but if I keep my files simple (no furniture etc) its reasonably quick.

Hey guys, thanks for your consideration.  

I have talked to tech support, they don't have much info as to why CA slows with cad blocks

Scott suggested that it could be the difference between making them in a regular window or in cad management.  Some were made in cad management and others were not.  Not sure if that makes a difference.  Has anyone ever noted one?

Thank you, Barry

Transparent and detailed fills are often the culprit but would have to try it out on several different systems to be sure.  Is there any relation to file size?  I have had 5 and 6 MB files act like they were approaching 100 MB.

Chopsaw