Pocket Doors

Kduke11

Anyone else notice this.... With an update or something the pocket doors have a "left" and "right" swing to them. Pocket doors should not have a swing. In the DBX the swing angle is grayed out but it gives a different callout and shows left or right in the schedule. 

I will have to check this.  I assume you're talking about the latest X8 update.

If there now is the ability to change the swing direction for Pocket Doors it would be so that a "Barn Door Symbol" could be switched from one side of a wall to the other side.  These Symbols have an offset y-origin.  Switching the swing direction would make this work.

There isn't any "Barn Door" in the Door dbx.  You have to use a "Library Door" with the y-origin offset about -4".  This will then show in 3D as "Surface Mounted" instead of as a "Pocket".

I wasn't aware that reversing the wall layers would make such a door switch sides.  It still doesn't solve the display problem in the Plan View - since it still displays as a "Pocket Door".

Editing the Description in the Components Dialog can allow that to be changed in the Door Schedule.