Mono Slabs Drawn Automatically on Floor 0 or Manually on Floor 1?

HumbleChief

I've done a string of jobs for a guy that builds RV barns, all of them monoslabbed, and have not used level 0.  If inside thickening is needed, such as for a single load point or at a loadbearing wall, I use p-line solids and line and layer control to include them in the plan and section views.

I've done a string of jobs for a guy that builds RV barns, all of them monoslabbed, and have not used level 0.  If inside thickening is needed, such as for a single load point or at a loadbearing wall, I use p-line solids and line and layer control to include them in the plan and section views.

Good to know Gene. Do you build them manually on floor 1 with slab with footing tool?

Mono slabs on level 0 and forget about automatic slabs, just a starting point for me, at some point along the way you just need to turn them off and manually adjust from there or you will be spending all day trying to get it to work.

I am mostly with Perry.

Always draw mono slabs on level 0 and preferably auto.

If you do them on level 1, you don't get a foundation layout and you can't edit the slab easily.

Scott will probably post about the "virtual" level 1 mono slab which is really the mono slab you're having when you're not having a mono slab.